Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
The Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) programme is for job seeking adults in receipt of a social welfare payment, dependent spouses or those signing for credits.
Those attending VTOS maintain their DEASP payment with, meal/travel allowance also available subject to individual circumstances.
The VTOS programme’s mission is to help learners progress and achieve their goals in a supportive learning environment.
Courses are focused on developing the skills and competencies required by employers.
Courses aim to:
- Improve your general level of education.
- Develop your skills and prepare for employment/self employment.
- Prepare you for a new career or a change of career.
- Provide you with recognised qualifications.
- Allow you to progress to a range of FET or Higher Education courses.
Courses are located in Ballyshannon, Buncrana, Donegal Town, Gortahork, Letterkenny and Milford.
- Courses are full-time and take place between 9:30am-3:00pm Monday to Thursday and 9:30am -1:00pm on Fridays.
- Courses are run from September to May or June over 1-2 years.
- Course holidays are the same as post-primary schools including mid-term, Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
The programme offers qualifications at National Framework of Qualifications Levels 4 and 5 along with industry recognised accreditation. The programme also offers the Leaving Certificate for Adults over a two year timeframe in our Letterkenny centre.
Read Helen’s E-Business with Digital Marketing story.
Read Karl’s Early Childhood Care and Education story.
Read Tara’s Essential Health Service Skills story.
Read Mary’s Business Administration story.
Read Donna and Colin‘s Adult Leaving Certificate stories.
Read Mairead, Ciara and Christopher’s Adult Leaving Certificate stories.
More information on the Leaving Certificate for Adults course is available here:
FET Centre Ballyshannon
Tel: 071 985 1276
FET Centre Buncrana
Acting VTOS Coordinator
Tel: 074 93 62466
FET Centre Donegal Town
Tel: 074 97 21705
FET Centre Letterkenny
Tel: 074 9706047
FET Centre Milford
Tel: 074 915 3194
Please find more information on the range of courses on offer here: