The Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) programme is for job seeking adults in receipt of a social welfare payment, dependent spouses or those signing for credits.
Those attending VTOS maintain their DEASP payment with, meal/travel allowance also available subject to individual circumstances.
The VTOS programme’s mission is to help learners progress and achieve their goals in a supportive learning environment.
Courses are focused on developing the skills and competencies required by employers.
Courses aim to:
- Improve your general level of education.
- Develop your skills and prepare for employment/self employment.
- Prepare you for a new career or a change of career.
- Provide you with recognised qualifications.
- Allow you to progress to a range of FET or Higher Education courses.
Courses are located in Ballyshannon, Buncrana, Donegal Town, Gortahork, Letterkenny and Milford.
- Courses are full-time and take place between 9:30am-3:00pm Monday to Thursday and 9:30am -1:00pm on Fridays.
- Courses are run from September to May or June over 1-2 years.
- Course holidays are the same as post-primary schools including mid-term, Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
The programme offers qualifications at National Framework of Qualifications Levels 4 and 5 along with industry recognised accreditation. The programme also offers the Leaving Certificate for Adults over a two year timeframe in our Letterkenny centre.
FET Centre Ballyshannon
Tel: 071 985 1276
FET Centre Buncrana
Tel: 074 93 62466
FET Centre Donegal Town
Tel: 074 97 21705
FET Centre Letterkenny
Tel: 074 9164198
FET Centre Milford
Tel: 074 915 3194
FET Centre Gortahork
Tel: 074 91 35218