- Official Opening of the new extension at Deele College, Raphoe, Co. Donegal
Donegal Education and Training Board are delighted to confirm that today [Monday 21st November 2016] marks the Official Opening of the new extension at Deele College, Raphoe. Mr. Joe Mc Hugh, T.D., Minister for the Diaspora and International Development, will perform the Official Opening and will be the special guest at the Opening Ceremony which begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Investment Decision
The then Tánaiste and Minister for Education and Skills, Ms. Mary Coughlan, T.D., by Press Notice dated 24th January 2011, announced details of the Department’s 2011 School Building Works Program which included a new extension and refurbishment to Deele College, Raphoe.
The contract for the project was signed on 8th December 2014.
- Main Contractor
Glebe Builders of Donegal Town were appointed as Main Contractor for the project. The project was completed on 1st April 2016.
- Design Team
- Halligan Brady Architects Cavan
- Albert Strain & Associates, Quantity Surveyors
- Patrick Mc Caul Consulting Engineers (Mechanical & Electrical)
- Taylor & Boyd, Consulting Engineers (Civil and Structural)
- Irish Project Supervisors, Project Supervisors for the Design Process
- Schedule of Accommodation
The new extension measures approximately 2,043m2 and provides a mix of general classrooms and modern practical rooms. As part of the project, a number of classrooms in the existing school building were also refurbished to modern standards.
Donegal Education and Training Board wishes to extend its sincere gratitude to:
- The Minister for Education and Skills, Mr. Richard Bruton, T.D., together with his predecessors in the Department of Education and Skills and relevant Officials for their funding, guidance and support for this project.
- The members of the Design Team, Clerk of Works and Main Contractor
- The Principal, Mr. Joe Boyle, Staff and Students of the College include former Principals and Staff
- Members of the Board of Management/Parents Association of the College past and present.
- Chairperson and members of the Donegal Education and Training Board past and present
- Chief Executive of Donegal Education and Training Board, Ms Anne Mc Hugh, together with former Chief Executives.