All Donegal ETB post-primary schools will remain closed to students for the next three weeks until Sunday 31 January. This statement from Minister for Education Norma Foley applies: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/11176-minister-foley-confirms-that-schools-will-remain-closed-to-students/. The closures are necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19, following the announcement by An Taoiseach Micheál Martin on Wednesday 06 January (https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/level5/).
The following programmes (existing and forthcoming) within Donegal ETB’s Further Education and Training (FET) provision and support services will move online from Monday 11 January 2021: Apprenticeships, VTOS, BTEI, in-centre and contracted Traineeships and specific skills day and evening training courses.
Youthreach, Learning for Living and Specialist Training Programmes will be mainly online but will also offer additional in-centre one-to-one and small group support where this is essential to the well-being of students.
Activities which require an onsite presence e.g. laboratory exercises, practical classes and demonstrations and examinations that cannot be held remotely will be deferred and reviewed at the end of January.
This statement from Minister for Further and Higher Education Simon Harris applies: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/40e4b-minister-harris-confirms-further-restriction-of-onsite-third-level-activity-in-response-to-deteriorating-covid-situation/.
Donegal ETB’s Administrative Offices in Letterkenny and all FET Centres will remain closed to the general public. However, arrangements in respect of business continuity for essential administrative services, including the payment of students, staff and suppliers, and support of students will continue. Please also refer to the COVID-19 link on our website for further information and staff contact details.
Donegal ETB encourages all students, staff, families and friends to follow all public health guidelines on dealing with COVID-19.
Donegal ETB Schools:
- Abbey Vocational School, Donegal Town
- Coláiste Ailigh, Letterkenny
- Coláiste Chineal Eoghain, Buncrana
- Coláiste na Carraige, Carrick
- Coláste Phobail Cholmcille, Oileán Thoraí
- Crana College, Buncrana
- Deele College, Raphoe
- Errigal College, Letterkenny
- Finn Valley College, Stranorlar
- Gairmscoil Chu Uladh, Ballinamore
- Gairmscoil MhicDiarmada, Oilean Árainn Mhór
- Magh Ene College, Bundoran
- Moville Community College
- Mulroy College, Milford
- St Catherine’s Vocational School, Killybegs
Donegal ETB Further Education and Training (FET) centres:
- Further Education & Training Centre, Ballyshannon
- Further Education & Training Centre, Buncrana
- Further Education & Training Centre, Donegal Town
- Further Education & Training Centre, Donegal Town (Ard Scoil na gCeithre Máistir)
- Further Education & Training Centre, Gort a Choirce
- Further Education & Training Centre, Letterkenny
- Further Education & Training Centre, Milford
- Further Education & Training Centre, Stranorlar (Finn Valley)
- ETB Training Centre, Letterkenny (Ballyraine)
- ETB Training Centre, Gaoth Dobhair
- Youthreach Centre, Buncrana
- Youthreach Centre, Glengad
- Youthreach Centre, Letterkenny
- Youthreach Centre, Lifford
- Adult Guidance Service (Letterkenny and Donegal Town)
For further information contact Donegal ETB on email@example.com