Following the announcement this morning by Minister for Higher Education, Mary Mitchell O Connor that further and higher education institutions will not be holding written, oral or practical assessments in examination centres during the Covid-19 emergency (https://www.education.ie/en/Press-Events/Press-Releases/2020-press-releases/PR20-04-08.html), Donegal ETB can confirm that alternative arrangements will be put in place for its Further Education and Training (FET) students.
A new guidance document to provide clarity and assurance about assessments and exams has been published by Quality and Qualifications Ireland, the national body responsible for qualifications and quality assurance in higher education and further education and training: https://www.qqi.ie/Downloads/Guiding%20Principles%20for%20Alternative%20Assessment%20%28COVID-19%29.pdf
Donegal ETB’s FET service is in the process of finalising its contingency plan for alternative assessment arrangements for students and centre and programme managers will be in touch with individual students about these arrangements.
Donegal ETB’s FET centres will also remain closed until 19 April as per previous direction from the Department of Education and Skills on 24 March (https://www.donegaletb.ie/2020/03/24/donegal-etb-schools-and-fet-centres-remain-closed-until-19-april-2020/).
Donegal ETB Further Education and Training (FET) centres:
- Further Education & Training Centre, Ballyshannon
- Further Education & Training Centre, Buncrana
- Further Education & Training Centre, Donegal Town
- Further Education & Training Centre, Gort a Choirce
- Further Education & Training Centre, Letterkenny
- Further Education & Training Centre, Milford
- ETB Training Centre, Letterkenny (Ballyraine)
- ETB Training Centre, Gaoth Dobhair
- Finn Valley Centre for Education, Stranorlar
- Youthreach Centre, Buncrana
- Youthreach Centre, Glengad
- Youthreach Centre, Letterkenny
- Youthreach Centre, Lifford
- Ard Scoil na gCeithre Máistir, Donegal Town
- Errigal College, Letterkenny (PLC courses)
- Finn Valley College, Stranorlar (PLC courses)
- St Catherine’s Vocational School, Killybegs (PLC courses)
For further information contact Donegal ETB on email@example.com
Further information on Donegal ETB can be found on this website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn).